April 2020 News
- We are moving to the Francis Crick Institute!
Jan 2020 News
- Congratulations, Dr. Marc Mora!
July 2019 News
- Elvira’s and Andy’s paper in Nature Physics is out!
May 2017 News
- Stephanie has joined the lab!
- Our new paper has been Tailoring protein nanomechanics with chemical reactivity accepted in Nature Communications!
- Our new paperThe nanomechanics of lipid multibilayer stacks exhibits complex dynamics has been accepted in Small!
February 2017 News:
- We are welcoming a new postdoc Vinoth and a new masters student Sam!
- Massive congratulations to Aisling for successfully defending her PhD!
January 2017 News:
- Our new paper Binding of Myomesin to Obscurin-Like-1 at the Muscle M-Band Provides a Strategy for Isoform- Specific Mechanical Protection has been published in Structure!
October 2016 News:
- Julio Fernandez, pioneer of single molecule mechanics studies, has recently received the Juan Negrín Award Read more about it here!
August 2016 News:
- Our new paper ‘Protein S-sulfenylation is a fleeting molecular switch that regulates non-enzymatic oxidative folding‘ has just been published in Nature Communications!
June 2016 News:
- We are welcoming a new Lab technician to the lab this month… Palma Rico Lastres!
March 2016 News:
- We are welcoming 3 new Post Docs to the lab this month… Elvira Infante, Flavia Autore and Jim Wang!
February 2016 News:
- Welcome to our visiting student Aina Cabedo-Gomez!
- Judit and Amy have been selected to give talks at the 2016 Biophysical Society Annual Meeting!
December 2015 News:
- The paper entitled Single molecule force spectroscopy predicts a misfolded, domain-swapped conformation in human γD-crystallin has been published in The Journal of Biological Chemistry in collaboration with the Julio Fernandez lab!
- Huge congratulations to Josep Relat-Goberna for successfully defending his PhD!
November 2015 News:
- Welcome to our new Postdoc Bob-Dan Lechner!
October 2015 News:
- Welcome to our new PhD Student Marc Mora!
- Our new paper ‘Mechanobiology – chemical origin of membrane mechanical resistance and force-dependent signaling‘ has just been published in Current Opinion in Chemical Biology!
July 2015 News:
- Our new paper ‘The mechanochemistry of a structural zinc finger‘ have just been published in The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters and has also been selected as ACS Editors Choice!– Congratulations Judit!
- Our new paper ‘The mechanochemistry of copper reports on the directionality of unfolding in model cupredoxin proteins‘ has just been published in Nature Communications – Congratulations Amy!
June 2015 News:
- Welcome to our two new postdocs David Giganti and Marta Castro-Lopez!
- Our new paper ‘Direct Observation of the Dynamics of Self-Assembly of Individual Solvation Layers in Molecularly Confined Liquids‘ has just been published in Phys. Rev. Lett – Congratulations Josep!